Julie Bove

"Alan_B" > wrote in message
> from a german foodie
>

> Okay, here is the transcript of IRC ;-)
> Quark: maybe use a mix of yoghurt and mascarpone
> <Alan_B> or sour cream and cottage cheese
>
> >> basically you mix Quark, egg, a bit of salt and chopped chives to

> make the filling

Quark? I don't know what that is. And this stuff most definitely didn't
contain any sour cream, soft cheese, chives or filling. It did have what
appeared to be cheddar cheese mixed into the soup.

> >> cottage cheese is rather lumpy
> >> then you make a rather firm spaetzle dough

> <Alan_B> Filling? for a soup?

I've had Tortellini soup. That's pasta with a filling. I once made some
kind of Chinese soup with filled dumplings that looked like little boats.

> >> roll it out, cut it into squares, put some of the filling onto one

> triangle of
> the square and put the other triangle on top and then press both parts
> together to
> enclose the filling
> <Alan_B> ok
>
> >> meanwhile you heat some stock with some potatoes cut into small

> pieces for about
> 10 mins
>
> >> then add the triangles and boil them until they rise to the top of

> the water
> <Alan_B> could you please send this in a e-mail?
>
> >> I try to ;-)

Thanks, but I don't think this was the soup that we had. This one had
blobby looking dumplings and they had no filling at all.

--
See my webpage: