Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RB&R

On 2019-09-16 7:10 p.m., wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:45:03 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-09-16 1:11 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> leftenant or lieutenant
>>>

>> Kansas and Arkansas:-)
>>

> When my brother worked for AT&T he was talking with some clients
> overseas. One of the questions they asked him was if Kansas is
> pronounced Can-zas is Arkansas pronounced as r-CAN-zas? He explained
> to them it is pronounced as R-cun-saw.

Then there is the story about the couple who were at a drive thru
restaurant in Kissimmee and they were arguing about how to pronounce
Kissimmee. The husband said said it was kiss-imee and the wife said
kiss a mee. When they got to the window the man said they would ask the
guy who worked there. "Excuse me young man, but how to you pronounce
the name of this place?" The guy at the window said "Burger King".