Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob[_7_] notbob[_7_] is offline

Default Red beans AND rice

On 9/14/2019 2:27 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Â* I have saved that recipe and will try it out.Â* Any more favourite
> beans recipes I would be grateful.Â* I have never really cooked with
> dried beans and am very interested to try

There are several schools of thought on the subject. Soak yer beans AND
"don't" soak yer beans. Red "kidney" beans vs small red beans,
pressure cooked vs non-pressure cooked, etc.

Because of my high elevation (8K ft elev), I don't soak mine and still
they take approx. 6 hrs to cook. BUT, I didn't soak 'em when I still
lived on CA and they only took 2 hrs to cook.

OTOH, I've also tasted Great Northerns that WERE soaked overnight and
cooked at this high elev. Came out great!

I don't use my pressure cooker, cuz the 'texture' is wrong.

nb