Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default recreating lost posts

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> > I can't remember how much I paid for the packs of cornmeal or the
> > jiffy
> > boxes. I got them too long ago.

> The boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix are often on sale here for
> only 2-3 boxes for a dollar. Very cheap. Just add egg and milk.
>
> ===
>
> I must have done that when I first bought some, but it is many years
> since I did that.
>
> Do you think the contents will still be good?

Box of dried stuff. Date shouldn't be an issue as long as you've
kept it dry. I just looked at my old box.

"Best if used by October, 2014" lol I'll still use it, no
problem.
Note...that tells you how often I make cornbread.
It's not all that.

=====

LOL my Jiffy is 5/29/14 And the cornmeal is October 2015! I am
wondering (given mine are similar dates to yours) whether there was
something going here about it that we joined in with) Oh and yes, they
are kept very dry in my store

I do know D. liked them. Well, I have only two boxes of Jiffy so maybe I
will use those, and then look for recipes for the Cornmeal. I have 4 big
packs of those!

Any recipes for Cornmeal will be gratefully accepted)