Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default recreating lost posts

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:22:21 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"cshenk" wrote in message
>
>Jeßus wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 08 Sep 2019 00:32:12 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I'm bored. My wife and SIL are gone to a class reunion. Check out
>> > this picture of sweet corn muffins that I made today. There's not
>> > much color to them.
>> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qf3djfdi4tlezy/corn%20muffins.jpg?dl=0>

>> I'd like to try those. Never had corn muffins before.

>I'd actually recommend for a trial, if you can source it, a box of
>Jiffy brand corn muffins. It' a simple Northern USA style cake like
>muffin that takes well to added fruits but is fine just as it is.
>
>=====
>
> I have two packs of 'Jiffy' and several packs of Cornmeal in my store.
>It has been along time since I used anything like those.

We have Jiffy brand peanut butter available in Thailand, for all I
know, they might also stock the cornmeal too. You have to go to the
few supermarkets catering to Westerners though. Fairly expensive
because of that fact.

====

I can't remember how much I paid for the packs of cornmeal or the jiffy
boxes. I got them too long ago.