Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Eric Graham Eric Graham is offline

Default Sourdough with an automatic bread maker?

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 12:36:21 PM UTC-7, Shadow wrote:
> If I didn't let mine rise I thought they would become too
> hard. Something I'd probably break a tooth on. No rise at all?

Because I use so much starter (the only liquid in the recipe), it doesn't really need a rise, just the time it takes to roll it out and slap it on the grill. I suspect that if I used just a little starter and then water to make the dough, then I'd be making hard, flat bricks, as you suggest...

> Well, I hope it works out. I'd be interested to know if it
> does in other climates. (Winter here ATM, 75F, a coldish day).

The end of summer here at "GMT-7", Pacific time, reaching about 80F. In the winter, though, perhaps as low as -10F or so. I envy your temperature, not necessarily the humidity (but I do miss tropical fruit so much).

I'll let you know how your recipe works out for me. Cheers to good bread!