Steph Peters

bugbear > of Customer of PlusNet plc
(http://www.plus.net) wrote:

>I'm buying a birthday gift for a friend
>who likes making Mexican and Indian food.
>
>I though I'd get him an electric
>spice grinder.
>
>Since there don't appear to be any
>spice grinder per se, a small coffee grinder
>seems to be the standard solution.
>
>So; does anybody have any
>preferances/recommendations, available in the UK?

I just bought a coffee grinder from a reputable manufacturer. The only
specific requirement for spices is to have a small capacity so that the
ground spices don't get lost around a bigger grinding area. Consider how
easy it is to clean. I tend to brush out the bits from mine and give it a
wipe with a bit of damp kitchen towel. This is OK because mine is only ever
used for spices, so a bit of one spice blend in the next doesn't matter. I
don't think it's feasible to get them clean enough to swap between coffee
and spices in the same machine.
--
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Steph Peters, Manchester, England