Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Soaking beans

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 3:17:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:

> I often wonder why the Texas chili 'experts' often say that chili should not have beans in it. I love beans in my chili, not only to stretch the meat, but I think the addition of beans makes a better chili.

I've seen those experts freak out when confronted with Hawaiian chili. OTOH, I suppose that I'd be surprised by a Texas laulau.

OTOH, I'll have to try making chili con carne with just the least amount of ingredients: beef, chili pepper, salt, and sugar i.e., no beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic, pineapple, etc.