GoombaP

On the farm in Alcona, Co., Michigan we had a Wolf River apple tree. It
often produced apples so big that one of them made an 8" pie. Full! Most
often however it took 2 apples. It was a typical backyard apple variety that
never made it commercially because the fruit bruised easily and didn't store
well. How many such varieties of other fruits have we lost?