Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking show

On 2019-07-01 3:05 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/1/2019 2:48 PM, graham wrote:

>> OTOH, one could learn something from his shows despite the hoo-hah!
>> One learns sod-all from those damned competitions.

> I think we're in agreement about competition cooking shows.Â* I don't
> watch them.Â* I just plain never liked Emeril Legasse.Â* There are a
> number of "TV chefs" I don't like so I don't watch the shows.

You know the contest show has gone down the "reality show" bunny hole
when they contestants start talking about how they are doing it in
honour of a friend/mother/ sister who has just been diagnosed/ is under
treatment for/ has just died of cancer or some other tragedy that should
get them some sympathy from the judges.