Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking show

On 7/1/2019 2:48 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2019-07-01 7:50 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 7/1/2019 9:16 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> Has anyone heard of or watched this on PBS?
>>>
>>> Kevin Belton New Orleans Cooking.
>>> https://kevinbelton.wyes.org/recipes/
>>>
>>> I just happened upon his show a few weeks ago and I really like
>>> it. Nice likable personality and I like many (but not all of his
>>> recipes). Very outgoing person. I enjoy watching and he's
>>> actually on most days.
>>>
>>> Nice and refreshing to watch a real cooking show vs constant
>>> competition cooking game shows.
>>>

>> Yes, I watch his show when I remember to look for it.Â* He seems like
>> personable guy and the food he cooks is interesting.Â* He doesn't need
>> some silly catch phrase like Emeril Legasse (BAM!) to make it fun to
>> watch.
>>
>> Jill

> OTOH, one could learn something from his shows despite the hoo-hah! One
> learns sod-all from those damned competitions.

I think we're in agreement about competition cooking shows. I don't
watch them. I just plain never liked Emeril Legasse. There are a
number of "TV chefs" I don't like so I don't watch the shows.

I get a lot of information as well as entertainment from watching the
cooking shows I have access to on PBS. I listed a few of them in
another reply.

I forgot to mention *America's Test Kitchen*. Love that show!

They're all usually 30 minute shows, food looks good and not terribly
complex or requiring a million ingredients. Sure, I get some cooking
inspiration from them.

Jill