Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Just Mayo

On 7/1/2019 5:55 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 5:58:46 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 9:36:18 PM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>>> We just initiated a Light Rail System. What a joke. Now the bus lines are all f#@CKEd up. I've yet to take it. It's only about 2 weeks old.
>>> https://www.grt.ca/en/ion-light-rail.aspx#

>> Our light rail system is so expensive and infamous that everyone is going to want to ride the system at least once. Maybe only once. That might be a problem.

> Detroit's PeopleMover had the same thing. It didn't go anywhere useful,
> and there were more tourists on it than anyone else.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

When I lived in West TN, the city of Memphis put in a trolly downtown.
Nearest I can figure it just went up and down the Mississippi riverfront
but didn't actually go anywhere useful. I always made a point of living
just outside the city limits so I didn't wind up paying taxes for
follies like the trolly.

Jill