Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Dinner!

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 14:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I do have an exciting day in store. Just waiting for
>>Angela who is running late. We're going to get my free Jack In The Box
>>birthday tacos then on to Taco Bell for the nacho fries. After that, a
>>little shopping at Coscto and Haggen. Already cooked the meat for
>>tonight's
>>dinner. Found a nice grass fed, organic chunk of beef that I cooked and
>>defatted. Will reheat with green beans, carrots, red white and blue
>>potatoes
>>and Walla Walla Sweet onion. Probably won't thicken the gravy. Will see
>>how
>>much it cooks down too. Seasonings are a blend of salt, pepper and garlic,
>>parsley and a couple of bay leaves.

> Is that the extent of your exciting day? Or do you have something else
> planned?

Well, I hadn't planned to do it but my gardener's dog was in here. I took a
pic of him and put it on FB. So far, 12 likes and 2 comments. Angela and I
hung out with him for a while. then she left to go shopping with a friend. I
noticed that we were out of cooked rice so I put some on to cook while I
finished making the dinner. Danced for about two hours.

While Angela and I were at Haggen, we did not notice that someone had
dropped small plastic bags on the floor. She skied on them, then I did,
crashing into her. While we were in the checkout line, she mentioned a
cheese sample but said she didn't want to go get it. I walked over to get us
each a sample. It was aged gouda. What I did not realize was that near the
bottom of the cheese case, it bulged out. I rammed both knees into it, fell
into the cheese, nearly hitting the cheese monger. I found it to be rather
comical. Got the samples then took Angela hers and told her what I did. She
was too busy texting a friend.

Just got back from taking my gardener to the store. I think I may do some
more dancing since I have some energy left. Am currently listening to Coast
to Coast but it's not very interesting to me.

I have been getting sporadic messages from assorted people but you never
know. The night is young. I could have more fun!

====

ROFL