View Single Post
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default Freezing milk.

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 9:17:34 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Monday, June 24, 2019 at 10:26:04 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> >> Reading another post about freezing milk I am now confused.as luck would have it I froze a half gallon on june 23. Today is june 24. The use by date is june 24, today. If I thaw it, is its new date tomorrow whenever that may be?
> >> Never had milk sour on me but usage dropped due to a med issue. It might take several days to thaw it.

> >
> > Forget about any dates that might be on the package. Rely on your sense of smell to tell you when your milk has expired. OTOH, sour milk would probably work swell when making biscuits or cornbread.
> >
> > Near as I can tell, milk must be full of microorganisms when you get it from the store. That's why it doesn't last very long. OTOH, ultra-pasteurized milk must be pretty clean because that stuff will last forever. People say that they don't like the taste of UP milk but I can't tell the difference. OTOH, I'm not a real milk connoisseur like some of the people here.
> >

>
> Yoose drink milk? I though asians are lactose intolerant. Mostly the
> honkeys drinks milk.

This is an excellent question. However, I'm not going to address it because that would only encourage your dumb honky ass. Us commie gooks ain't stupid, ya know!