Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A brief history of the tomato in Europe

On 2019-06-25 9:27 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/25/2019 12:16 AM, graham wrote:
>
>> If USians think that Sandy Hook is an acceptable price to maintain
>> their gun policy, who are we to judge?

> Should have been changed 200 years ago.Â* There are enough guns to keep
> criminals supplied for centuries.Â* If the bad guys want one, they will
> get them.
>
> Stop all gun making, gun sales and confiscate what you can but there
> will be guns around for a long time.

The anti handgun crowd here are under the impression that criminals get
their guns by stealing them from legal owners, or buying them from
people stole them from legal owners, but the statistics proved them
wrong. They may have been stolen in another country, but they were
smuggled into Canada.

It is typical of them to use false information to support their
emotional issues about guns. A while back the Coalition for Gun Control
had a page on their website about the firearms incidents involving
children. There were only about three dozen incidents reported and they
spanned a period of more than 25 years in order to get enough incidents
to make it look like an issue. Some of those incidents involved replica
guns, BBguns and pellet guns, which are not firearms. Some of the others
were threats by kids that they were going to go home and get gun and
come back and shoot someone, though none of them actually came back with
a gun, and goodness knows if there was even a gun at the house. They
were non incidents.