Dale Williams

In article >, "James Silverton"
> writes:

>"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
>> Monday we had dinner at some friends. He was cooking some Indian

>recipes, we
>> were asked to bring wine. I tend to opt more for beer, but I'll make

>do. Seemed
>> to me the best options were bubbly

>It's really not worth it to drink wine with strongly spiced Indian
>food, IMHO and experience, although mild things like birianis might
>work. Most wines that I can taste while eating a curry would
>ordinarily be dreimannerweine :-) I'd stick to beer, lassi or even
>ice-water. I have to admit that I recently had an enjoyable Thai meal
>where we had two bottles of Sancerre but I am not converted!

I actually had Indian food 2 nights in a row- Sunday we went to a restaurant
with friends, a place where owners are from Malabar coast. We had some Chera
Rajya courses, as well as some "standard Indian" dishes. I went with water, as
I didn't feel like beer. I hate lassi. I expected the dishes on Monday to be a
little milder, so beer would have been a better choice. But the great thing
about about a decent $8 bubbly is it won't clash horribly with spice, and it's
cold.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply