Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Pork

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 08:35:54 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:
>"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>On 6/19/2019 10:22 PM, wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 9:12:18 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Went to the market in town this morning. I bought some nice salad
>>> fixings,

>> two half gallons of 2% milk.
>>>

>> Why did you not just buy a gallon of milk? Half gallons were all they had
>> in stock?
>>

>Can't speak for Sheldon but I as much as I love milk I don't use a
>gallon in a week. I buy a couple of half gallons and put one in the
>freezer.
>
>Jill
>
>==
>
> Does that not work out the same as one gallon a week for TWO people
>...;p

We don't go through milk equally. I sporadically use some milk for
cooking/baking and will very occasionally have some milk with dry
cereal but I don't drink milk. My wife doesn't drink milk either but
she goes through about 1/2 gallon a week for her tea and coffee, I
drink coffee black, I don't drink tea. The gallon size would sour
before she could finish it so she keeps one 1/2 gallon in the freezer.
We tried buying the one gallon size because it costs less but more
often than not it sours before it's finished so tossing some out there
is no savings.