Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Summer Grilling

wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 00:31:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> >On 6/14/2019 11:38 PM, jay wrote:
> >

> >> I have propane in a kitchen and the one serious drawback is that it
> >> produces a sticky residue that drops on the cabinets and countertop and
> >> elsewhere.. and I have a decent vent hood. Our heat and cooking and
> >> water heater is propane. 1000 gal tank and as you said the propane
> >> company comes and keeps it full. Don't even know it isn't piped in.
> >>

> >We cooked with propane for 36 years on two different stoves and never
> >had that problem. Maybe you don't have the right regulator or orifices.
> > Crappy vent too.

> Probably poor exhausting and cooking a lot of fatty foods. There's
> nothing sticky or sooty with propane.

Ed just doesn't know. He overpays cleaning ladies that probably
wipe down his cabinets occasionally. Any well used kitchen will
get grease on cabinets, etc over time. Doesn't matter whether you
use electric or any kind of gas. Even the best hood/exhaust isn't
perfect. It happens if you actually use your stove all the time
and not just have a "show kitchen."