Kacey

"Finger tight" usually refers to only using the thumb and 1 finger to
tighten the rings/bands. The should only be snug enough to keep the
lids in place and loose enough to allow air in the jars to escape. They
should also be loose after you remove them from the BWB. Try using your
non-dominent hand and yes, your fingertips - not a "grip". Remember
what all those piano teachers used to say "keep your wrists straight,
fingers nicely rounded"? Works for not over tightening the jar bands too.
Kacey