View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default Tonights Dinner

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 10:47:32 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> Last week I bought a bag 'Frontier Soups' 11 bean soup mix and it's simmering
> >> away on the stove as I write. The bag came with a recipe which I've followed
> >> and even though not completely done, it's shaping up to be quite good.
> >>
> >> Their recipe called for a ham hock, 29 ounce can of Italian plum tomatoes, cut
> >> up; diced onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and 12 cups of water. All I had was the large can of petite diced tomatoes so in it went after simmering for
> >> three hours. At that time I fished out the two sliced ham hocks, and added the other requirements along with two 8-ounce packages of diced ham and one 8-ounce package of cubed ham. I thought I had grabbed two packages of cubed ham but no
> >> matter; the ham hock went back in too, after picking off the fat and discarding
> >> the bones.
> >>
> >> The recipe on the package called for smoked Kielbasa and chicken breast
> >> pieces but I decided to stick with all ham. Package proclaims it to be gluten
> >> free for those interested.
> >>
> >> www.frontiersoups.com

> >
> > I'll probably make some beef tomato - not the Cantonese dish but Hawaiian beef tomato. This morning, I made some pancakes for the wife and kids. Thanks to the Krusteaz Co., I can whip up some batter in less than a minute.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...FCTbkP1eKCN-gK
> >

>
> Us Haoles on the mainland like beans and ham in our pancakes ... and
> NO pineapples, 'cept for Popeye.

Yes, that is my understanding.