Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Impossible" burger.

On 2019-06-04 4:41 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>>> Got it!
>>>
>>> We, in the USA, call that a "slotted spatula". I knew it was the
>>> difference in the name. Like "bonnet" or "torch".
>>>
>>> You Brits crack me up with your terms. Keep 'em coming!

>> Historically speaking, shouldn't the Brits be cracking up (or crying
>> over) what Americans are doing to their language?

> It's not as much difference as Dutch and Afrikaans.

Or French and French Canadian. Once when I was in France there was a
movie on TV that I thought was French, but it had French subtitles. Not
too far into it there was an arena and a hockey game and I realized it
was French Canadian. My friend was born in Quebec and lived there until
he was 10. Years later he ended up working there for a while and his
wife was looking forward to learning French. He told her not to try to
learn it there because it wasn't really French.