Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Jello

On 5/30/2019 12:37 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 11:09:04 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I confess that it was not in my repertoire. I tried ShakeNBake, liked it
>> and figured out that I could make it up myself. I do all kinds of
>> variations of oven fried chicken, using different combinations of herbs
>> and spices. I also do one with orange one. Beat the eggs with some
>> orange juice concentrate and add some grated orange zest to the seasoned
>> crumbs instead of the herbs.
>>

> I always used Oven Fry for pork chops and once in a great while their chicken
> coating for oven fried chicken. However, I never used the egg method.

I often make my own seasoned crumb coating. I keep a cannister of dry
breadcrumbs in the freezer. I have lots of dried herbs and spices on
hand. It's easy enough to season some breadcrumbs in small bowl. Then
toss the damp chicken or pork pieces in a bag to coat.

Egg wash is for dredging. Then letting it set, then dredge again. You
sure don't want to dip pieces of chicken or pork into an egg wash then
toss them around in a bag filled with seasoned flour or breadcrumbs.
What a mess! LOL

Jill