Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Jello

On 5/30/2019 11:38 AM, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Here's another oldie to try...Shake and Bake Chicken. LOL
>> "It's Shake and Bake, Daddy and I heyllpped (little girl with a
>> deep southern accent)
>>

> I've never cared for Shake 'n Bake but did like the Oven Fry brand of these
> type coatings.

LOL, joan! The funny thing about Shake 'n Bake is what they were really
selling the idea of tossing pieces of chicken in seasoned breadcrumbs in
a plastic bag. It's a very old trick and didn't require buying a
commercial product. Back in the day, you tossed chicken pieces in
seasoned flour or breadcrumbs in paper bags.

Shaking really does beat dredging for completely coating pieces of
chicken. Whether you intend to fry them or bake them, it works to coat
them well. Then just bake them (or fry, if that's your thing).

Jill