Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default Jello

On Wed, 29 May 2019 11:23:42 -0400, Gary wrote:

> OK...so I went to the grocery store this morning and top of my
> list was orange jello, bananas, and vanilla ice cream. Got it!
>
> Ended up buying peach jello. I had forgotten about that.

Isn't peach jello orange?

Artificial fruit flavors never taste anything like their tree-grown
counterparts. Peach, I think, is one of the few exceptions. I'm
pretty sure with other flavors you could change the color of them
and 9 out of 10 people would be able to guess the flavor: Green
cherry jello, pink lime jello, purple apple jello.

> I came home and cooked it

I haven't made jello in so long I didn't even know you were supposed
to cook it.

> Haven't had this in over 40 years but I do remember loving
> it.

It's been 40 years for me too. And it won't happen ever again. I
can't eat jello or bananas. My throat doesn't like swallowing
things with that texture - Get the gag reflex feeling. I like
durian and puddings, but can't swallow those either. Custards and
dessert mouses are borderline.

-sw