Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner on the fly.

I am trying to change my diet some to heal a fatty liver. I know I need to
eat more onions and celery but need to read more about what to eat. I got
some marked down organic grass fed ground beef and a big bag of green beans.
I loosely followed a recipe. The recipe said to either put the beans in
water, bring to a boil and let sit for 5 min. or... *Cue Jill* Steam them! I
opted for the boiling water.

Original recipe uses ground beef, the partially cooked green beans and a
sliced onion. I added two bell peppers that had an accident so needed to be
used soon and a good handful of grape tomatoes. Stir fry all with a little
garlic in sesame oil. I did mostly peanut with a little sesame as I find
sesame to be overwhelming. Add some beef broth or water and beef powder, 1 T
molasses and 3 T. soy sauce. Cornstarch (I used sweet rice flour) to make a
gravy. Some reviewers claimed it needed more seasoning so I added salt,
black pepper and a touch more garlic.

Serve over rice. I made brown. It's good but if I were making it just for
me, I would not use the molasses and soy sauce. I think I would prefer a
plain brown gravy.