Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/18/2019 7:17 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:08:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>>> Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...
>>>
>>> GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
>>> on effects in the human body.
>>>
>>> Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
>>> more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
>>> is so little it is hardly even noticeable

>> Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!

> Exactly.

Â* One of the problems with organics is that they don't always have the
"eye appeal" and perfect appearance of chemical-doused produce . We can
and do use some chemicals in the garden , mostly anti-fungals and Bt .
Most hard shell insects are controlled by DE , we use nothing "systemic"
and nothing that can't be rinsed off . And we only use those products
when absolutely necessary , not as a preventive measure . When the
garden plants have gotten bigger I plan to make a "tunnel" of chicken
wire to let the hens get to the garden to assist with insect control .
The roosters are doing a pretty good job with the area around the house
since the hens (I counted the votes) elected to evict them from the pen .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old