Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Two loaves of quick bread!

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Julie, here is a proven tip: store unopened AND opened cottage cheese,
> sour cream and any other
> liquidy dairy product upside down. Especially the containers you have
> opened, will last a LOT
> longer. (Make sure the opened containers won't leak or put on a shallow
> plate lined with several
> layers of paper towel.)
>
> This tip is especially useful for opened containers. Try it and you will
> be a believer. ;-))

No need to do that. We go through cottage cheese like crazy! I buy the small
containers. The problem this time was that even though I took the time to
put the closest to expiring in the front, one of us apparently some of the
newer ones first. I do buy a lot at a time because I get them at Winco and I
only go there once a week if that/