Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default The Dyson sucks

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 22:25:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I gave up on my Dyson V10. It's the only vacuum I have ever had that
>needed constant maintenance. I had cleaned the filter a couple weeks
>ago and it took a day and a half to dry out enough to be used. The
>manual said it should take 24 hours. On Tuesday it clogged up again. It
>should have been ready to use by Wednesday afternoon. It wasn't. Now was
>it ready Thursday. On Friday I tried it and it was kicking out. I took
>the head out to the shed, charged up the air compressor and blew out
>everything. It still wouldn't work, so I called Dyson. They are going
>to send me a new one, but it might take a while. I won't feel guilty
>about the fact that it actually worked this morning..... five days to
>dry the filter.

At ~$500 that Dyson V 10 is quite pricey for what it is. We paid $600
for a full sized corded Dyson, "The Animal", the model with the ball,
very powerful, sucks up cat hair amazingly well, never clogs. the dirt
canister is clear so it's easy to see the dirt level.... I'll estimate
the cannister capacity is about a gallon. We purchased it direct from
Dyson and they included just about every attachment, some we've never
used.

After washing we press the filter in a bath towel and then it takes
less than a day to dry, but it only needs washing 2-3 times a year...
still we bought a second filter so we don't need to wait for any
drying. It's a great vacuum but sometimes that cord can be a pain
plus the unit is indeed heavy.

We also have two large wet & dry shop vacs, one in the basement. one
in the garden shed. We also have a Black & Decker Dustbuster, it's
good for quick pick-ups but its charge only lasts about five minutes
and it's not very powerful. So a couple weeks ago we ordered this
cordless and it's terrific plus the price was right ($100). It's very
light weight and quite powerful, a charge lasts a good 20 minutes, its
cannister holds about 1 quart... also comes apart to serve as a
hand-held. It can't take the place of a full size Dyson but is more
than adequate for smaller jobs:
https://www.amazon.com/Deik-Cordless...s%2C177&sr=8-7
That Dyson V10 must have a tiny dirt cannister or your house is gross.