Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default The Dyson sucks

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:32:23 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 23:18:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>

>>I won't be buying a Dyson. Never had a vac that was not ready to use
>>seconds after cleaning or replacing a filter.
>>
>>If something spills I have a $30 portable to clean it up. Regular
>>vacuuming is done by the cleaning lady. The regular vac has not been
>>touched for a long time.

>Whatever happened to simple, decent vacuum cleaners that just worked,
>and worked well for a long time? Most all the newer ones have gimmicky
>technology and seem problematic and unreliable.
>
>I bought my Wertheim vacuum cleaner back in 2000 - very powerful and
>with a simple bag system. Still works perfectly - and I bought mine
>refurbished, I have no idea of it's true age. It's been used on
>average twice a week over the years I've owned it. The bristles on the
>floor attachment wore down to the point where they needed replacing
>about two years ago, but that's reasonable wear and tear of course.

You're both listening to what Smith says - I have a V10 Dyson and love
it. I have cleaned the filter once in several months and as I pointed
out to Dave, at the time, it dried in about an hour because after I
rinsed it, I stuffed some paper towel into the cavity. I use it more
and more and the regular vacuum less and less.