Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meet the new All Clad !!!

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 6:06:04 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > This is their 1-quart saucier from their "LTD" collection. This pan
> > retails for $85.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/XLKBRLi
> >
> > When empty, it won't stand up straight without tipping over unless
> > it's on a 4" round (at least) solid flat surface. It won't even
> > stand up on an electric coil burner, only a glass stovetop. It
> > would stand up on induction burner, but it's not an
> > induction-capable material. I give this $85 pan a 95% Fail.
> >
> > Yeah, Put me down for 5 10-piece sets of All Clad LTD for $899/each.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Well! I've never seen a pan that wouldn't sit flat on a stove no matter
> how
> the stove is powered.

Aluminum pans will tend to warp some and get all rolly-pooly on glass top
ranges. My flat bottom carbon steel wok did that too. That's easy enough to
fix. Just get a rubber or wood mallet of good heft and put a slight concave
surface on the bottom. I've also done that by using my iron palm of death
technique to get the pan to lay flat. They'll sit real stable after that.

If you do want to try this at home, make sure you work on the edges of the
bulge, and not on the bulge itself.

---

My mom had a flat top and I hated it. Bump a pan just slightly and it would
fly off!