Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Recycling?

On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 4:21:30 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:05:48 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Makes you wonder how much two people can have in garbage each week the way
> >she writes about "having a bunch of bins lined up waiting for the collectors
> >in the week."

> If the municipality gives you certain size bins and collects every
> week, why would you want to keep the bins back until they are filled
> (months later) with rotting and smelly stuff? I can fill the recycle
> and the compost but there is no way I can fill the trash. But I put
> them out anyway because I am getting charged whether they are full or
> not.

I don't have garbage every week and that's one reason I requested the smaller
64 gallon trash and recycling bins. One thing I do to alleviate any possi-
bility of smelly garbage is to put meat scraps and thrown away food in
doubled Walmart/Kroger plastic shopping bags. They then go in the freezer
until garbage is taken out for pick up. No smell in the refrigerator or
freezer or in the kitchen garbage can.

Recyclables are picked up monthly here and yard waste every quarter. Yard
waste is to be placed at the back of our property for the truck with the
huge claw to pick up. But all these services are paid for with our property
tax dollars; no additional charge for any of the collections.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6wG8ZjS/Brush-Truck.jpg