Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 06:45:51 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> > I doubt the average American knows what a wiener schnitzel is unless they have ties to Germany.

>> You're probably right. RFC is not average, and I suffer from sample bias
>> because Ann Arbor was largely settled by Germans.

>True enough for me. I've always heard the word (or is it two
>words)? But never actually eaten or made anything using that
>word. I was surprised to see it's something that I've had often
>but just called a different name.

Every ethnicity prepares a dish similar to wiener schnitzel...
Italians top a fried breaded cutlet with tomato sauce and mozz and
broil it till melted, served in a sandwich or atop pasta; refered to
on the menu as Chicken/Veal Parm. I often order take out; saw-seege
parm on Italian bread w/peppers... my wife orders meat-a-ball parm on
Italian bread. The saw-seege and meat-a-balls are sliced. At home I
prepare fried chicken cutlets often, there's no pounding involved, I
slice each skinless boneless chicken breast into 3-4 cutlets. I don't
bread them, I prefer dusting lightly with seasoned Wondra. I always
have containers of homemade tomato sauce in the freezer but most times
we eat them plain cut into strips on a salad or in a sandwich with
mayo. lettuce, and tomato... a CLT.