Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 10:16:41 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 14:53:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >Sistah Robi Kahakalau was born and raised in Germany but
> >she somehow became an associate professor of Hawaiian language/studies
> >and a much beloved Hawaiian singer. That's the way it is on this rock
> >- everything is all mixed up.
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIvSd2hDPTI

> "ahi ahi", does that mean it's a song about tuna?

Ahiahi means the evening time. That's about all I know about that. The song is an old traditional Hawaiian mele in the traditional form i.e., no chorus or bridge. Typically the verses are sung 2 times in a row before going on to the next verse which is also repeated. It's a simple structure that is popular in contemporary Hawaiian music. Curiously, this tune has been adapted for the church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxh9QIM3D9Y