Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

"dsi1" wrote in message

> Recipe for your Japan style chicken cutlets please?

Japan style Chicken katsu is probably the most popular dish in Hawaii. It is
made with a boneless chicken thigh that is flattened slightly, dredged in
flour, dipped in egg, then coated with panko, and fried. It is typically
served with tonkatsu sauce or a sauce made with ketchup, Worcestershire
sauce, shoyu, and other ingredients.

My uncle used to make an American diner style beef cutlet back in the early
60's for his lunchwagon. He would pound thin slices of beef into cracker
crumbs. The crumbs would be in a large aluminum tray and would make a
scrunching sound that was embedded in my brain and I can still remember to
this day.

The Japanese meat cutlet and the American diner style cutlet had it's
origins in Europe. The Japanese learned to make it from the sailors from
Europe that passed through their ports. The Americans learned to make
cutlets from the traditions brought over from Europe by immigrants. The
Hawaiians learned to make it from the Americans and Japanese. In the end,
it's all schnitzels.

https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories...-chicken-katsu

==

Thank looks lovely) Katsu sauce please? )