Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking on the Sizzle Zone

One reason I chose a Napoleon grill was the infrared burner they call
The Sizzle Zone. The burner gets to 1800 degrees in less than a minute.

Last Thursday I made a rib eye steak and wow, what a nice sear. It was
a 2" thick steak seared, finished in the hot grill. Simple seasoning,
salt, pepper, garlic.

Tonight, I had some beef from the rib eye that I ground and made 4
burgers. Not as thick, I was able to cook them through in just a few
minutes. Best burgers we remember ever having.

Very happy with my decision to get the Napoleon over another Weber.
Really like the natural gas too, no more tanks to haul and change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2iztZVAhYU