Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default favourite salad dressings

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 6:05:43 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> i like this one:
> (note that i use double the amount of garlic, and added some finely chopped ginger. the last batch, i did not use lemon juice because i didn't have any.
> could it be improved with parmesan cheese? maybe a bit of anchovy? and i only used 1 TBSP of raw honey.
>
> https://detoxinista.com/raw-apple-cider-vinaigrette/
>
> Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
> makes about 1 cup
>
> Adapted from this recipe
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 garlic clove, minced
> 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
> 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
> 1-2 tablespoons raw honey, as needed for sweetness
> 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> salt and pepper, to taste
>
> Directions:
>
> Combine all of the ingredients in glass mason jar, then seal the lid and shake until the honey dissolves and the ingredients are well combined. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary. For best flavor, allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens.
>
> Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, and shake well before serving each time.
> 4.93 from 39 votes
> Save
> Print
> Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette
> Prep Time
> 5 mins
> Total Time
> 5 mins
>

> A healthy vinaigrette featuring raw apple cider vinegar.
> Course: Salad
> Cuisine: American
> Keyword: apple cider, healthy, salad dressing, vinaigrette
> Servings:
> Calories: 122 kcal
> Author: Detoxinista.com
> Ingredients
>
> 1 garlic clove , minced
> 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
> 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juic
> 1-2 tablespoons raw honey , as needed for sweetness
> 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
> salt and pepper , to taste
>
> Instructions
>
> Combine all of the ingredients in glass mason jar, then seal the lid and shake until the honey dissolves and the ingredients are well combined. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary. For best flavor, allow the dressing to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving over your favorite greens..
> Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, and shake well before serving each time.

I made this tonight for my wife to take to work. It has cucumbers with a dressing of vinegar, sugar, and salt. I fried up a smoked pork chop and that's it buried under some kim chee. Kim chee on top of a smoked pork chop might seem a little weird but if you're Korean, it makes perfect sense. That yellow stuff is a pickled radish - takuan.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...T3C2Udya19bk6V