Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default please help identify this food

"dsi1" wrote in message

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/WTFood.jpg

> >> I ate one piece and couldn't tell what it was. Didn't taste as bad as
> >> I thought it would. But it was not bacon. I suppose it could have been
> >> turkey or soy but I have no idea. The texture is kind of weird.
> >>
> >> Yeah the "sausage" was a maple flavored meat product of some sort.

> >Soy bacon actually tastes like bacon but it is very crisp. If you don't
> >like
> >crisp bacon, you won't like it.

> this was flaccid "bacon"

This morning we had some "Spam bacon" and eggs with fried rice. The Spam was
cut with a large vegetable peeler and fried crisp.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...UMmLvO2wwvgvOn

==

Whoa D. would love that) I just showed him the pic and I foresee that
for next Sunday's breakfast he will ask for that)