Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default McRat?

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 10:02:50 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:10:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 10:18:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > If we are still referring to the one let loose in McDonalds ... why
> > > all
> > > the
> > > panic!! It was a very small one and even if it is carrying something
> > > bad,
> > > why couldn't have used the chairs to confine it and allow it to be
> > > caught.
> > > I just don't understand it.

> > It is a strange reaction. We were at the circus once and an elephant
> > went
> > on
> > the rampage. There was a little panic but not to the degree as in the
> > video.
> > Everybody, went up the seats but I always like to do the opposite of
> > what
> > others do. I went down and towards the door. This was actually a bad
> > move
> > because the elephant had the same idea. Luckily someone stopped me from
> > going out the door otherwise, my little boy and I would have met the
> > crazy
> > elephant face to face. Perhaps that guy that stopped me was an angel
> > sent
> > down from heaven.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Gulp!!!!!

> You used to live in India. My guess is that you saw reports of elephants
> killing people and then getting killed. That's pretty much what happened
> in
> Honolulu. I think white rats are cute and wild rats are interesting, not
> scary. Elephants? I don't trust 'em.
>
> ===
>
> True enough. I guess I just don't expect it in USA)

Boy that's for sure! You also don't expect to see a guy shooting an elephant
on TV. Also strange was that the guy was using an archaic Winchester
repeating rifle to kill the beast. The whole scene traumatized the state.
The worst thing was that it must have taken a while to kill the elephant.
It's a horrible thing to kill an animal by repeatedly shooting it. The job
took 86 bullets.

==

The guy who did that needs a taste of his own medicine.