Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default McRat?

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 10:02:50 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:10:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 10:18:44 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > If we are still referring to the one let loose in McDonalds ... why all
> > > the
> > > panic!! It was a very small one and even if it is carrying something
> > > bad,
> > > why couldn't have used the chairs to confine it and allow it to be
> > > caught.
> > > I just don't understand it.

> > It is a strange reaction. We were at the circus once and an elephant went
> > on
> > the rampage. There was a little panic but not to the degree as in the
> > video.
> > Everybody, went up the seats but I always like to do the opposite of what
> > others do. I went down and towards the door. This was actually a bad move
> > because the elephant had the same idea. Luckily someone stopped me from
> > going out the door otherwise, my little boy and I would have met the crazy
> > elephant face to face. Perhaps that guy that stopped me was an angel sent
> > down from heaven.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Gulp!!!!!

> You used to live in India. My guess is that you saw reports of elephants
> killing people and then getting killed. That's pretty much what happened in
> Honolulu. I think white rats are cute and wild rats are interesting, not
> scary. Elephants? I don't trust 'em.
>
> ===
>
> True enough. I guess I just don't expect it in USA)

Boy that's for sure! You also don't expect to see a guy shooting an elephant on TV. Also strange was that the guy was using an archaic Winchester repeating rifle to kill the beast. The whole scene traumatized the state. The worst thing was that it must have taken a while to kill the elephant. It's a horrible thing to kill an animal by repeatedly shooting it. The job took 86 bullets.