Posted to rec.food.cooking
songbird songbird is offline

Default What do you suck at?

notbob wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Stir fry. Oh, I can make it, and everything comes out ok, but no matter
>> what I do or change, they always taste the same.
>>
>> Luckily, Chinese restaurants are cheap and readily available.

> ....and they all taste the same.

i see that wink... still i'm in the mood to ramble...

we've gone to the same chinese place for over 40yrs.
we've tried other places but like this one the best.

many places it seems the sauces are very similar
and likely come from a jar/container instead of
being made from other spices/ingredients.

one time in FL on vacation sister and i were in the
mood for chinese and we ended up at a place up on
the top floor of a hotel.

they made their sweet and sour sauce out of ketchup
and sweet pickles. we still get laughs out of that
one (it was horrible).

songbird