Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight 3/1/2019

On 3/1/2019 5:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> I did something unusual and picked up some ribs from Island BBQ Grill on
> my way home from work.Â* This place hasn't been there very long (maybe 2
> years) but they had a sign out front: BBQ ribs for $20.Â* It's been
> *ages* since I had sauced ribs from any BBQ joint and I've never tried
> this place but I figured what the heck; there are always cars there
> which is a good sign.
>
> I have some corn on the cob in the freezer so I'll have ribs and corn
> for dinner tonight.Â* No eating utensils required (although I do have
> some corn cob holders).Â* I'll need lots of napkins for the ribs!
>
> What's for dinner at your house?
>
> Jill

Scallops tonight. Dry pack, but previously frozen, wild caught from New
Jersey. 16 scallops (1 pound) was $24, but oh, so good.

There was a little bacon grease from breakfast and I left it. Added
butter, seared one side, added garlic, seared the other side. Put them
on a plate and poured in some white wine and fresh squeezed OJ, reduced.

Served with bruchetta, garden salad, Pinot Grigio. Delicious!

It was also a nice night to eat out on the lanai. Quiet and calm.

As for the ribs, I'm making a couple of racks Sunday.