Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default please help identify this food

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:08:09 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:45:53 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 10:26:33 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Ugh! I don't often cook bacon but when I do I want it to be the real
> >> thing!! Same as everything for me really.

> >They shouldn't sell that stuff as any kind of bacon. It's much better to just call it what it is - chopped and formed turkey semi-meatlike substance strips.

> But would "chopped and formed turkey semi-meatlike substance strips"
> work well in a commercial?
>
> > I'll bet a nickel that your dog would love it.

> I hope you're not putting down food for the common people. Gary no
> like that! Besides, you'd love to have some around when that famine
> hits!

Looks like your hope is a valid one. I've had turkey bacon. It's mostly a highly engineered designer food. In the future most foods will be of this nature. You cannot compare it to bacon because it's not. As we all know, I'm not fooled by surface appearances. Rather, it is a meat jerky of some sort that would be great when travelling.