Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default please help identify this food

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/WTFood.jpg

>> it looks like bacon that was made from rubber
>>
>> wtf?

>Definitely cooked and shelf stable real bacon (Like Jill said) or
>a vegetarian bacon (like Julie called soy bacon). I've seen and
>tasted bacon like that. Either real bacon from a Hormel shelf
>stable box or Morning Star veggie bacon looks about the same.
>
>That on the plate looked like it hadn't been heated up yet.

I ate one piece and couldn't tell what it was. Didn't taste as bad as
I thought it would. But it was not bacon. I suppose it could have been
turkey or soy but I have no idea. The texture is kind of weird.

Yeah the "sausage" was a maple flavored meat product of some sort.