Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default McRat?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:17:03 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Wouldn't wild and/or sewer rats be more likely to have plague-carrying fleas? Or the
>Hanta virus? If I ever saw one of those, I would stay far, far away. The pet ones may
>be very smart and enjoyable, but I think they are creepy. I don't scream or run or have
>any extreme reaction; I just don't want them to be where I am.

I've seen bush rats close to death with a respiratory disease. I
forgot the name. I'd never touch those. Bats can carry the lyssavirus
that's hard to catch, but if you do, you die. Don't touch those either
unless you've had the shot. I've seen rabbits with myxomatosis.

I don't know if non-city rats are worse than other animals.