Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Food today, 2/27/19

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 2/28/2019 6:16 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> On 2/27/2019 3:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

>>> At 79 degrees, I did not slide coming back from the store.
>>>
>>> Took four thighs out of the freezer so, chicken soup tonight. Got
>>> everything cooking and realized we had no thyme, thus the trip to the
>>> store. Just simmering for a while now.

>> I hate it when I run out of thyme ...it's like 65° here today and the
>> road is finally dried out enough to ride the Harley out of here . But
>> I'm too damn busy working on the house - today is another sheetrock day
>> . As far as food for today , I'll find something soft ... I had my last
>> tooth pulled on Monday and new dentures "installed" . I've got holes
>> rubbed in my gums from the first night , before they started "final
>> fitting" them and my mouth is so sore I can't put the bottom denture in
>> . Can't chew much with just the top one . But beer don't need chewin'
>> and it's made from grain so ... right now I'm drinking lunch .
>>

>> Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Better than nothing )
>>

> Yes , and one of the upsides to it is that I may still be in pain ...
> but I won't care .
>

> Snag
>
> ==
>
> I think you just might. Don't you have any painkillers??

The dentist declined my request for something stronger than OTC meds
.... all the media bullshit about "the opioid crisis in America" has them
all afraid to prescribe for real issues . While a lot of folks get
hooked initially on prescription medication , that's not the big problem
.. The problem is the illegal/illicit stuff . I'm very careful with that
stuff , I got a little overboard many years ago while overseas and don't
ever want a repeat .

Snag

Yes, I have been hearing about that. I am very pleased there is
not quite so much trouble here about them. I have to take opioids because I
have no choice. I am very careful though. I make sure I can't have so many
that I become addicted.

That shouldn't stop you having decent pain relief though