Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food today, 2/27/19

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> Our weatherman has given up trying to tell us what is going on. We
> have Frog (frozen fog) and mixed precip. I'm not going out to shop
> today, I'm raiding the deep freeze. Soup for lunch from frozen stock
> -- clean out the veggies in the fridge. Usual suspects, onion celery,
> carrots, potato, cabbage, green beans, maybe some bell pepper and a
> couple of mushrooms. Bay leaf and thyme of course. Dinner. I'm
> thawing a couple of thin cut pork chops for sandwiches on Kaiser rolls
> that I am thawing. Probably Apple Crisp to round out dinner.
> How about you? The way I see it everyone here is scheduled for
> unpleasant weather.
> Janet US

I went to Winco, the the Business Costco. Started to snow as I was leaving.
Just a few flakes but we are to get more. Last stop Walmert Food Center.
Didn't get much. Was just looking for bargains.

Am worn out and not cooking except for some brown rice. Am just now eating
my breakfast. A prepared Mexican meal from Winco. Gardener is getting the
rice, Winco Orange Chicken and a Winco salad for dinner. Bought a freshly
baked loaf of French bread from Walmart and Honey Butter from Winco. He can
have that for a snack later. I won't be eating much dinner. Got a ton of
groceries to put away.

Tomorrow? Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans. Also got a package of
cubed butternut squash on clearance. Will roast that and put in the fridge
for whoever wants it.