Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default please help identify this food

On 2/27/2019 6:59 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> http://www.ftupet.com/upload/WTFood.jpg
>
> it looks like bacon that was made from rubber
>
> wtf?

I can tell you exactly what it is. It's pre-cooked bacon, right? Love
bacon, don't want to deal with the grease. I bought some pre-cooked
bacon and nuked it to put on a cheeseburger.

It doesn't taste bad, it just looks weird. It's okay in a pinch but
don't expect it to be like you just cooked fatty bacon in a skillet. Or
even on a broiler rack in the oven. It is what it is.

The good news is it's pre-cooked bacon it doesn't require refrigeration.
Perfect for the emergency supply situation. Can't offer a comment
about the sausages on the plate. They do look like they were fresh
(from raw) sausage links. I'd have browned them a bit more. I much
prefer links to sausage patties.

Jill