Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Food today, 2/27/19

On 2/27/2019 12:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/27/2019 12:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> We are supposed to get 15 cm (6 in) of snow today. It doesn't sound
>> like a lot, but the stuff that is falling is extremely fine, which
>> means that it will be heavy to move and will easily pack down and
>> become very slippery. I went out for a coffee a while ago and, even
>> though I had started slowing well in advance of our lane I almost
>> slid past it.
>>
>> We took some chicken legs out of the freezer for supper tonight. I
>> will probably throw a potato in to bake with the chicken, and there
>> are some nice green beans.
>>

> At 79 degrees, I did not slide coming back from the store.
>
> Took four thighs out of the freezer so, chicken soup tonight.Â* Got
> everything cooking and realized we had no thyme, thus the trip to the
> store.Â* Just simmering for a while now.

Â*I hate it when I run out of thyme ...it's like 65° here today and the
road is finally dried out enough to ride the Harley out of here . But
I'm too damn busy working on the house - today is another sheetrock day
.. As far as food for today , I'll find something soft ... I hadÂ* my last
tooth pulled on Monday and new dentures "installed" . I've got holes
rubbed in my gums from the first night , before they started "final
fitting" them and my mouth is so sore I can't put the bottom denture in
.. Can't chew much with just the top one . But beer don't need chewin'
and it's made from grain so ... right now I'm drinking lunch .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old