Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Food today, 2/27/19

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> Our weatherman has given up trying to tell us what is going on. We
> have Frog (frozen fog) and mixed precip. I'm not going out to shop
> today, I'm raiding the deep freeze. Soup for lunch from frozen stock
> -- clean out the veggies in the fridge. Usual suspects, onion celery,
> carrots, potato, cabbage, green beans, maybe some bell pepper and a
> couple of mushrooms. Bay leaf and thyme of course. Dinner. I'm
> thawing a couple of thin cut pork chops for sandwiches on Kaiser rolls
> that I am thawing. Probably Apple Crisp to round out dinner.
> How about you? The way I see it everyone here is scheduled for
> unpleasant weather.

Yeah....another week of rain each day here after
tomorrow morning. splat.

One other old question you asked about "vegetable stock".
I have made it just to use up things but I'll always toss
in just one chicken thigh. That flavors the veg broth
just enough to use for about anything.

Your choice of vegetables will dictate the final taste.
My last batch of that wasn't "all that" but I still used
it up. At least I knew I was eating all healthy ingredients