Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Bean sprouts

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> >> I think I read or saw on the news that the food fad of micro greens
> >> are all suspect. Lemme check. Yup. Google "micro greens food

> safety" >> if interested. I'm not. Bean sprouts are the original
> micro greens. >> Anybody here eat romaine lettuce?
> > >
> >> leo

> > My dog loves it! Before you think that too wierd, she's been on
> > Tramadol for years (arthritis) and it's a natural constipation
> > reliever for dogs. Just like grass is. She's an epicure on greens
> > is all ;-) Reallive loves Endive but I'm a little too cheap to buy
> > it for the dog....
> >
> > Warmly wierd, I may start the romaine and baby lettuce containers
> > early and see how it goes. Worst is I lose a pack of seeds each.
> > ==
> >
> > It feels really odd when you say that about your dog) I have been
> > on Tramadol for arthritis for years too LOL
> >
> > Kindred spirits eh)

> Hehe yup! BTW the leafy greens don't fix constipation for humans (far
> as I know). Dogs were not built to eat greens much so for them, it is
> an adjustment. They seem to know exactly how much they need and eat
> just that.
>
> Iowna is giving me the stink eye as her bowl has regular iceburg
> today. She picked every leaf out and put it beside her bowl looking
> for 'the good stuff' then put it all back, gave me a stink eye, and
> munched some iceburg....
>
> ==
>
> LOLOL Awww Bless her)
>
> No, I wouldn't expect lettuce to help humans

Well, I stopped at the store and got her a small bag of Romaine. Had
to hunt a little to find just romaine as most were mixed with kale and
my snobby little girl does NOT LIKE KALE!

LOL, made that mistake once. She picked out every bit of kale and
nosed it under the fridge..... Had a heck of a time getting it all out
from under (disabilities, I don't handle that motion type well)

==

LOL she knows how to get what she wants .. or not)) Clever girl)